Brenda Macleod Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and meeting the requirements of applicable data protection legislation.
When you shop on www.brendamacleod.com (Our Website), we require information to process your order, ensure safe and secure delivery, and also make your visit to our website an enjoyable experience.
When we talk about "personal data" in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly, for example in combination with any other information we may hold about you.
If you remain unhappy with the response you receive from us you can also refer to your data protection regulator – in the UK it is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk/concerns). For other EEA countries see https://edps.europa.eu.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY US
When you place an order on our Site, when you register for a Brenda Macleod account, when you sign up to our mailing lists (eg. news, product updates, sample sale), or when you enter any of our competition, we will ask for your name, email address, billing and delivery addresses, debit or credit card information including card number, type of card, CVC number and expiry date, and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored securely via our contracted third-party service provider Sagepay (www.sagepay.com) We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third-party payment provider to process a payment.
We also collect navigation and click–stream data, time and duration of your visit, products viewed or searched for, items in your basket, basket abandonment and information from cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the personal data you share with us in order to perform our obligations under any contract we have with you, and specifically to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our website.
- create and help you manage your Brenda Macleod account.
- allow you to return your Brenda Macleod product, if you change your mind.
- respond to your questions and requests.
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
Where you have given us your consent to contact you, we will use your personal data to:
- send you newsletters, marketing communications, products update and suggestions on how to care for your Brenda Macleod product.
- contact you to invite you to any special events.
- send you an invite to our sample sale if you have subscribed to it.
- notify you of other Brenda Macleod products we think you might like based on your previous purchases.
Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We use our legitimate interests to enhance your customer experience and provide the best in class service; therefore we will:
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your "Shopping Bag" on our Website and then abandoned them.
- send you request for feedback on our services to enhance your customer experience.
We use the personal data we collect about you for our legitimate interests so that we can:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, such as tailoring certain emails and also show you certain adverts, products or offers in which we think you may be interested, both on our Website and on certain third party websites (including on social media).
- analyse how our Website is used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
- analyse your feedback, and understand your expectations on our products or services to optimize your customer experience.
- retain preferences and other personal data or information disclosed during conversations over the telephone or by email to ensure the best customer experience.
Please note that not all of the information used for these purposes is "personal data"; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
We use the personal data we receive from third party sources for our legitimate interests so that we can develop an understanding of what people think about our products and services, so that we can constantly improve them.
If you have opted-in for marketing communications from one of our social media platforms, this includes an opt-in for marketing communication from us. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us on email@example.com, or by calling us on +44 (0) 7990817301, or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail, or via your online Brenda Macleod account.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, IT support.
- market research and customer survey companies to help us develop and improve your customer experience. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from disclosing or sharing this information with anyone other than Brenda Macleod.
- fulfilment companies to send mailing to your postal address if you have consented to receive mailings.
- certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, if we need to do so or are requested to do so.
We will also share personal data collected about you with social media channels, advertising networks and other third parties who help us to understand how our Website is being used, how well our advertising works and how we can improve; to provide ad measurement services and to target advertising (and in some cases, we may allow those third parties to collect and receive data themselves for these purposes, which they may also collect from elsewhere on the internet. This information is collected using cookies. You can find more information on what cookies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
We will not sell your personal data to any third party.
RECEIVING CONTACT FROM BRENDA MACLEOD AND CHANGING CONTACT PREFERENCES
From time to time, we will send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Brenda Macleod product.
Where you have consented, we will also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Brenda Macleod product, and which we think you might like.
We will only send you e-mails with information in relation to any other products, special offers or competitions, if you have agreed that we can (sometimes referred to as an "opt-in"). You can sign up to receive communications by e-mail about our new collections, exclusive online offers and events.
We will also only share your personal data with third parties for them to send you marketing e-mails or communications, if you have agreed that we can send you such communications.
In any case, you can ask us to change your communications preferences or to stop contacting you at any time, by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on +44 (0) 7990817301, or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail, or via your online Brenda Macleod account.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, accessed, used or stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), either by us or by any of the third parties with whom we share your personal data.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website for your Brenda Macleod Account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
PERSONAL DATA AND YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you. To prevent fraudulent access, we shall require you to provide suitable ID to confirm who you are, before we provide any personal data to you.
If you have an online customer account, you can amend or update your information by logging into your Brenda Macleod Account on our Website and amending your details as appropriate.
In any cases, if you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com or by calling us on +44 (0) 7990817301.
If you wish us to erase your personal data or restrict our processing of your personal data please contact our customer service on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 7990817301. To prevent fraudulent requests, we shall ask you to provide suitable ID to confirm your identity before we erase any personal data.
You can find more information on what cookies we use, how we use them, and your options for changing how we use them in our Cookies Policy.
Our Website is not directed at, nor do we knowingly collect personal data from people under the age of 20.
If you are a under the age of 20, please do not attempt to register for a Brenda Macleod product or otherwise provide us with any personal data.