We take great pride in the design and craftsmanship of all our handbags. Every Brenda Macleod bag is made using the finest natural leathers. Natural leather has been tanned exclusively with natural tannins of vegetable origins, it does not have any synthetic covering and is sensitively finished by hand. Vegetable tanning is an age old tradition, so the tanneries who supply our beautiful vegetable tanned leathers have very skilled craftsmen producing and dyeing the leather.
The leathers we use are chosen with the greatest care, and their handcrafted treatment makes them irregular and individual. Any small vein, tonal variations or marks present on any of our bags are all natural features of the leather.
As you use your bag, the leather will soften and age beautifully, becoming warmer in colour and developing a unique patina of its own over time.
We would like to help prolong the enjoyment of your Brenda Macleod bag, so here are a few care recommendations:
- Do not scratch or rub your bag against abrasive surfaces.
- Keep your bag away from humidity and direct sources of heat or sunlight for prolonged periods, to prevent the colour from fading unevenly.
- Your bag has been made from natural leather, which is highly absorbent, so please keep it away from products that contain chemicals such as perfumes, hand sanitisers, creams and makeup to reduce the risk of stains.
- When not in use, empty your bag of all personal items, use a soft damp cloth to wipe both inside and outside the bag to remove any dust and allow to dry naturally. Avoid using excessive water.
- Keep your bag in the dust bag provided whenever you can, to protect it from being marked.
- Do not store your bag in high temperature or high humidity areas, to prevent the leather from drying out.
- If your bag is exposed to water or becomes wet, use a soft dry cloth as soon as possible, to gently wipe it to remove any residual water, then pack loosely with paper and allow the leather to dry naturally.
- Take extra care with light coloured items, which tend to mark more easily. They are susceptible to discolouration, so avoid contact with darker items.
- Do not overfill your handbag, as it may lose shape or you may damage its handles.
- To maintain the colour of your bag, nourish it with neutral leather cream every ten to twelve weeks.
- With good care, your handbag should provide many years of use.